It’s been a long time since I’ve watched a reality TV show that I enjoyed and at the same time found a guy on it that was my kind of man (if you know what I mean, and I think you do). And then into my life this week walks Richard on Top Chef‘s new season – be still my heart!
Reasons for me to adore Richard – let me count the ways:
- He’s tall and handsome with a well-trimmed beard.
- He does not have a fauxhawk.
- He’s out and proud.
- He thinks judge Tom Colicchio is cute and wants to take him out for a drink (agreed).
- He works in San Diego, one of my favorite places to visit.
- He likes to shop at a farmers’ market (see below).
- Although he sliced his thumb open, he kept going to finish the quick fire challenge (like a certain other chef I know and love).
Of course Richard has a boyfriend and I have a husband, so this is strictly a fantasy relationship! And it’s about time I have someone to root for from the beginning, y’know?
Anywho, Top Chef was off to a fun start and I’m really looking forward to this new season. How about you – did you catch the premiere? Any early favorites? Do you hate Stefan already?